Friday 28 December 2012

Gingerbread Houses

We have a tradition here during the Christmas holidays....we make gingerbread houses.  The kids look forward to it every year.

So, yesterday, when it was snowing pretty hard outside, I was rolling out the gingerbread.  I covered the table in candy and let them get creative.

They worked and ate.

And ate and worked.  Sophie was making a skating rink here...she got that idea from Grady.
Grady made some snowmen out of gumdrops.
Jack made some hockey nets in his yard.
I had rolled out some gingerbread men too.  I turned some upside down and made them into reindeer.

Johanna made a tractor....so amazing! 

Sophie was wondering why Johanna's looked so good and I told her that Johanna had done this a few times before ;)
Sophie was the first to start eating all the candy off of her house.

I thought that we had eaten enough while we made the houses...

So everyone was a little silly on candy.....and by this time it was evening. 

So, I told them to go outside.

Even though it was black dark out.

There was a lot of screaming and shouting.  And they came in covered in snow.

But at least they got some of that sugar out of their system.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.