Tuesday 7 January 2014

The Polar Vortex and a Distracted Stitch

The polar vortex is here.

But I think it's just winter.

It's a good thing it has come because otherwise there would be no news.

Seriously.

There is a lot of hype about this polar vortex.

I asked Terry what exactly a polar vortex was and he suggested it is native for 'it's damn cold'.

Anyways, it's cold and the boys aren't allowed to go outside by themselves in the dark to check the cows.

There is a polar vortex out there....and it might get them.

Anyways....it's to be gone by the weekend and the temperature will be back up to the freezing mark....and all will be normal again.

In other news, I went to a knitting class last night at the library.

I needed a refresher course....I had knit before when I was a teenager at a 4-H knitting club.

I just couldn't remember how to put the stitches on the needle.

My teacher suggested I do a rib stitch...and that way I could refresh both the 'knit' stitch and the 'purl' stitch.  But I seem to have this problem that I get so easily distracted, I can't remember if I just did a 'knit' or a 'purl'.

And so I have ended up with this....


I think it's called the 'Distracted' stitch.

It's sort of a mess.

But I think I like it.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.