Monday 6 January 2014

Another label....a grinder....and a new calf

It was suppose to be 'back to school' today but the buses were all cancelled.

We took down all the Christmas decorations this morning.

I found another one of Sophie's labels.


It was right under the Christmas tree.

Then I started cleaning and vacuuming.  I was washing windows and they were really 'squeaking' when I rubbed them....maybe because of the cold.  I overheard Sophie ask, "What is that noise?" and some one answered her and said that it was Mom washing windows.  She said, "Oh, I thought the police were here!"

I suggested at lunch time that we should smash up the gingerbread houses.  I could use them in a crust of some sort or bake them in a square.

No one really wants to eat the gingerbread....they just want all the candy.....and I hate to see all that good homemade gingerbread go to waste.


Then Jack thought of his grinder that he bought a few months ago.

 
 
 

It worked great.

The weather is terrible.  It warmed up on the weekend but now the temperature is dropping again....and the wind is howling.

Our first baby calf of 2014 arrived yesterday morning.


So so sweet!

Brenda


4 comments:

  1. Wow, your life is awsome ,
    I love your pictures n your story. Reminds me of a time in my life Many! Years ago, I took my ,then very young daughters to a farm in missouri, on a land trust. Id runaway from a troubled marriage. Unfortunately we had to return for divorce so dad could marry office mgr... I never returned to mo. But my heart is still there, and reading n seeing the pics took me back in time over 20yrs ago. Thank you n bless you for your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed the post Dianne! Sorry to hear of your troubled marriage....hope life is good for you now.

      Delete
  2. Ps... How are you all getting along for the winter weather?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cold is exhausting!....it makes for so much extra work!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.