Tuesday 14 January 2014

A Calf named Jessie

Today is my Grandma's Birthday.

She is turning 92.

I couldn't help but think of her this morning when I was out in the barn watching this cow calve.


She loved her cows.


When I would arrive for a visit in the spring she would say "come and see the calves".  And we would go and check on all the new babies.  She would have them all named....after her grandchildren.

I love the calves just as much as she did.

I thought I was going to see the birth this morning....but I was just a little too late.  As I walked into the barn, Jack said, "It's just out.  She is just eating the stuff off of its face."


I saw it take its first breath.


New life is just so amazing....it's something that you can never get tired of.

Grandma made me promise that I would never name any of my children after her.  She absolutely hated her name.

But I don't think she would mind if I named a calf after her.


This is Jessie.


Happy Birthday Grandma
xo

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.