Monday 6 February 2017

Busy Baking...

I've been busy baking.

I bought a swirl colour 3 coupler set made by Wilton....at Michael's.  I saw the price and thought....that's twice the price that it's worth...but I had a 55% off coupon so I figured that I was good.  Until I got to the cash and was told that I couldn't use the coupon because all the baking supplies were on sale for 30% off.  You sly dog Michael's.  I still got a discount.  But I paid more than I expected.  Then I was in Canadian Tire and they had the same product...only the price was cheaper than the 30% off price I paid at Michael's.

I'm learning.

Anyway....I had some fun with it...thinking ahead to Valentine's Day...


And then I had leftover icing and another cake so I did this...


I had left the decorated cakes on the counter and I overheard the girls asking...who are these for??  And then the comment....she put them on our own plates...they must be for us!!  They were thrilled.  It isn't very often that they eat a decorated cake!

I made this very tall cake for a 10 year old loves cats and rainbows and the colour blue...


It was a surprise inside rainbow cake....6 different coloured cakes all stacked up on top of each other! 


This Cinderella cake was for a special 5 year old.  She had an amazing Cinderella party....


I actually didn't really plan this cake out before I started decorating and I really like how it turned out!


It's all those little details that are so important....




I haven't baked up some pies in a few weeks and it was good to get that rolling pin out again!  I was asked to donate a couple for a live auction celebrating over 100 years of Junior Farmers in Renfrew County.


The last time I donated pies to a live auction they sold for $2400 and $2000!  I believe that that was a once in a lifetime event.  I actually didn't think a whole lot about it but then someone told me that it was really quite remarkable....something I could one day tell my grandchildren.  It is pretty amazing that someone would pay that for one of my pies!...even though I know that they are really just supporting the person or organization that the money is going to.  Live auctions are always fun...and everyone seems to love pie.  I'm thrilled that my little donation can go a long way in helping someone out.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.