Wednesday 3 December 2014

Ottawa Valley Headcheese

Terry's mom makes headcheese.

The guys at the hunt camp look forward to it every year.

I can't seem to eat it....or smell it.  My kids can't either.  I call it shiny meat.

It's like jello and meat.  Together.

But there is something about headcheese and men...

Just within the last couple of weeks, a few different guys have asked Terry if he would get his mom to write down that headcheese recipe of hers.

And she did.

And I need to share it.

She says that it's just her own version of an imitation headcheese.....it's not 'traditional' headcheese.  She is actually on a search for a 'Traditional Headcheese Recipe'.

But I believe that she already has it.

This is traditional.  This is authentic.  This is the real deal.

Ottawa Valley Headcheese.  Including 'tips' on the reverse side of the page.



Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.