Monday 24 November 2014

Work Boots to Heels

On Friday night, Johanna mentioned about the semi-formal that was coming up in December.  After looking at the calendar, I decided that we better go shopping the next day....if we weren't going to leave it to the very last minute.....even though Saturday was going to be a very busy day.

I worked in the kitchen with the CWL ladies making sandwiches for a funeral luncheon all morning....and I told Johanna to have the girls 'ready to go' when I got home.  And she did.

As we were going out the door, I noticed that she was wearing her work boots.  They were relatively clean.....and she told me the entire story of why she was wearing them and not something else....I wasn't about to argue.  I just wanted to get going....and get this done.

We had a 'look through' the stores before she started trying on.  Pickings were slim because she didn't want a black dress.....but it seemed that everyone else did.

We headed back into the store with the biggest selection of dresses....but she actually picked out a top and skirt to try on first.  The sales clerk was so kind and patient and kept bringing her more and more things to 'try'.

Even though I really liked the top and skirt best.

And Sophie and Lydia were getting a bit antsy.

I saw a dress that I really liked...and I decided to give it a try.  The girls thought that that was pretty entertaining....me trying on a dress.  And so they decided to pick out another for me to try.  Sophie picked out one with material that reminded me of old curtains from the 1960s.  Even though I thought it was hideous, I tried it on....buying some time of 'entertaining' these girls...while Johanna continued to try on more dresses.

It must have been close to an hour, when we all decided that yes, in fact, the top and skirt that she had tried on first was the best.  Even the sales clerk agreed.  It was between that and a dress....but I told her that she would get much more wear out of that skirt and top than that dress.  As for the price....the dress was the same amount as when you added up the top and skirt.

Meanwhile....I had decided to buy myself that dress that I liked.

When we got to the till....Johanna was happy to find out that the skirt was actually on 'clearance' and the top was on sale as well!  Lucky girl.

However....my dress was not on sale.

Then we went to search for shoes.

She picked out a pair of very high heels.  Remember...this is the girl wearing work boots.

I told her that if she could walk in them....she could buy them.  And she did.  Perfectly.  No roll overs.  I have no idea how she did it.

And she bought them.


From work boots to heels...this girls can do anything.  Looking forward to seeing her dress up on the night of the semi formal.

Brenda

2 comments:

  1. I would FOR SURE break my ankle in those shoes! Hope Johanna has a great night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know....I can't walk in them at all! I hope she doesn't hurt herself!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.