Monday 26 August 2013

The Irish Gathering Parade in Killaloe

Killaloe hosted a 10 day Irish Gathering and Saturday was a 'big day'.

It was parade day.

We like parades.

Terry gave me a list of names of places and asked me to paint them on boards.  I didn't even know where most of these places are....but it didn't matter.  I just did what he said.....he had a plan.  He's the one from Ruby....he's the one that knows where all these places are.


Castile?  Hopefield?

He made a sign out of all my painted boards.


Then we put the 'cottage' on the back of the wagon.  The same one that we used for the Douglas St. Patrick's Day Parade.


The Dwyer's arrived in Ruby in 1858....and we wanted everyone to be included.


So, we invited all the Dwyer's to come and join us on the float.

And they came.

I think that there might have been 50 of them.


The Dwyer's are known for their fiddling and step dancing.

And for their red hair.

So 'The 40 Shades of Red Heads' in a truck was a good idea too....


Dwyer's are fun.



 
 
 
 
The parade was a huge success.  I think they had about 40 floats and everyone had a lot of fun.  You can see more photos here.
 
 
 
 
Brenda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.