Friday 11 March 2016

A New Driver and Tapping Trees

I picked Grady up at school yesterday.

We drove into town.

I stopped at the spray car wash and sprayed down the truck...because it was completely caked in mud....and probably illegal to drive.

And we went to the drive test office.

And he went out on his road test.

AND HE PASSED.

He's got his drivers' license!

This is huge news for me.

I don't have to get up at 4am on the weekends and drive him to the milk barn in my pajamas ever again!!

Woot woot!

It's the little things in life that we need to celebrate the most.

Terry and I were tapping some trees this morning.


The sap is running.

We were doing great until we came upon this....


There are 4 people in this house with bigger feet than me...so I get stuck with hand-me-down farm footwear.

I'm not complaining....I've got a really nice pair of steel toe boots that we had bought for Johanna the first year that she was in the show ring.  I think she was 12.....and she grew out of them.  But they fit me perfectly.

But this morning I grabbed a pair of insulated rubbers that should have went to the dump.  They were rather holey and there was no way I was walking through that giant puddle.

So he had to finish up the last few trees without me.

And I have to go shopping.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.