Monday 11 January 2016

I'm not in the photos

I was cleaning out a cupboard the other day and it had a bunch of old photos in it.  And baby books.

I was looking thru when I suddenly realized that I'm not in the photos.

Other people are holding my babies. 

Other kids are holding my babies. 

Terry is holding the baby. 


I was the one taking the photos.

The only time I'm holding babies are when they are newly born and I'm on a hospital bed looking rather relieved.....and at the baptisms.

And I guess there were 'special' times...at weddings or a family photo.

That's it.

Those are the only times.

Make me scream.

I lived day in and day out holding the babies.  all. day. long.

Feeding the babies.  Changing the babies.  Rocking the babies.

I mentioned this to Terry.  Of course he said "We can fix that...just have another baby.  Sophie and Lydia would take your picture everyday."

No thanks.  That's not what I was thinking.

Then he suggested that I could just hold the Baby Alive doll and he would take my picture.

No.  That's not the answer either.

There is no answer. 

You can't take back time.

Brenda

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.