Tuesday 26 January 2016

Chocolate Cake

I made this cake yesterday.


It's a retirement cake for a music teacher.



Of course I doubled the chocolate cake batter because when you are making cake you may as well make lots of cake.  I knew the kids would like a cake.

But before I poured our cake into the pan something overtook me and I told myself to pour it into the new jelly roll pan that I bought on sale on Boxing Day.

I was thinking that if I made a bigger sized cake maybe it would last longer??

Then I got this brain wave idea.  When I took it out of the oven I covered it in mini marshmallows and then put it back in the over for a couple of minutes....just until those marshmallows were all blown up into gooey goodness.

Then I took a glass bowl and put

1 1/3 cup chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
3 Tbsp. butter

....I didn't actually measure any of that.  Those were approximates.  I just put the stuff in a bowl and then put it in the microwave for a minute and then mixed it until it was a beautiful melted mess.

And I added 2 cups of Rice Krispies to it.

And then I poured it all over those fluffy marshmallows.

And the idea of this cake lasting longer because it was actually bigger was

wrong.

Wrong.

WRong.

WROng.

WRONg.

WRONG.


It disappeared twice as fast.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.