Monday 28 September 2015

Energy Bites

The kids have been back to school for four weeks already.....and things are going well.

Lydia announced one night last week that she is actually doing grade two work now. 

Terry told her that if she was able to finish grade one in three weeks....she should be done college by the end of the school year.

But she told us that she wasn't going to college....she would rather just stay home with me.

Anyways, I find that the kids won't eat breakfast before we head off to the bus in the morning.  It drives me crazy....sending them off with empty tummies.  But they say that it's just too early to eat.

I found a solution to this.  I've been making these 'energy bites' and I can't make enough of them!  The kids just love them and I love that they don't have any sugar.


This is what it is:

2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup honey
2 tsp. vanilla extract

I just measure the rolled oats....the rest of the stuff I just guess at the measurements....because it really doesn't matter.  Just put it all in a bowl and mix it up and then spoon it out as little cookies.  Put them in the freezer.

The recipe is a good base....you can add whatever you want to it....flax seeds, raisins, dried cranberries, coconut, peanuts.  Whatever floats your boat.


The first few batches I made I used natural peanut butter and it worked great...but I ran out so now I'm just using the regular peanut butter.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.