Tuesday 29 April 2014

A Kitten

I'm not sure what has happened to me.

Do we mellow as we age?

I was always so strict about certain things.

Especially the notion of 'animals in the house'.

I don't want animals in my house.  But it seems to happen...and it seems to be happening more often.

When Johanna was young, she would spend hours in the barn with the kittens.  Then she would come in and beg me to let her bring a kitten into the house.  The answer would always be NO.  I had enough to clean up after without cleaning up after an animal.

I even remember Johanna saying, "When you die Mom, I'm bringing kittens into the house."

I think I answered with "fine by me.  sounds good."

But this picture was taken on the weekend....by Sophie.


Yes.  There is a kitten in my house.

How this happened I don't know.  I don't understand it.

But it certainly isn't going to be staying in the house.

And of course Johanna has decided that these little girls get away with everything.  And I need to lay down the law.  And they aren't being raised with all the rules that she was raised with.

Because there is a kitten in my house.

There is a kitten....and we are using the fine china.

Things are out of control.

Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Wow, out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must think we are crazy with 3 dogs in our house :) Watch out, try not to do anything else crazy in the next few weeks ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....you are crazy with 3 dogs in the house. I would be insane....but a dozen kids wouldn't bother me a bit ;) The kittens are sleeping with the lambs now....and I'm so glad.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.