Thursday 2 October 2014

The Dinosaur Tree

I've been trying to get an evening walk in every evening.

That's the best time for an evening walk.

Anyways....I seem to get out walking and all of a sudden it's getting dark.

Because it gets dark a lot earlier now.

Maybe I should organize myself a little better....and start my walk a little earlier.


Anyways....the sunsets are glorious.

But it makes me a little sad to see the dead Dinosaur Tree.


You see that big tree?

Those huge trees seem to stand alone in the middle of fields all around here.

There is always just one....huge tree....all by itself. 


It's like the pioneers cleared the fields and left that one tree just for shade for the cows or something....

Anyways, I've always called them Dinosaur Trees for as long as I can remember.  As a kid, I could picture dinosaurs eating the leaves off of those huge trees.  I mean....what else would be able to reach up that high?  They were definitely Dinosaur Trees.

I remember the first time that I mentioned something about a Dinosaur Tree in conversation with Terry....we were just dating.  The look on his face was priceless.  He had never heard of Dinosaur Trees before.

All my children refer to these trees as Dinosaur Trees.  It's just the known name for them in our house.  Even though Terry actually knows the 'real' name for these trees.

But I've noticed that a few of the Dinosaur Trees in our area are dying...or completely dead.

We had a severe drought a couple of summers ago....that might have done it.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.