Saturday 28 April 2018

Confirmation, the Mud Room and Flamingos

We have been celebrating!

Spring has finally arrived!

And we had 26 confirmation candidates confirmed at our parish last weekend.  Confirmation is always so special because it means that the bishop comes for a visit.  I was a catechist with the group so I was busy handing out programs at the back of the church and helping people find their family seat....I had put Sophie and Lydia in a pew.  When Mass was about to begin the church was full and their pew was full....and there was no room for me!  I told them that I would get in the pew just a couple of seats behind them but they said WE WANT TO SIT UPSTAIRS!  There is a gallery in our church and it's rarely used...but people were up there on this day and the girls had heard their feet on the steps.  I said...ok...let's go!  And we headed up the stairs.  The girls were thrilled! I didn't realize that they had never been up there!  I still remember the first time that I sat up there when I was a kid.  It was for a funeral.

This little video snippet was taken at the end of the Mass when they were trying to get organized for a group photo.


I made the cake for the gathering at the school after.


And I was asked to make a cake for one of the candidates for their celebration at home.


Sophie got her appliance this week.  It's wired in her mouth and it's a little annoying but she's doing alright with it.

I cleaned out the mud room yesterday.  The room that's not really mud.  This time of year is a nightmare because it's got winter and spring all mixed in.  I flung most of the stuff outside so I could find the floor.  Luckily it was a beauty of a day.  There were rubber boots and lined rubber boots and work boots and old work boots and winter gloves and spring gloves and hockey sticks and skates and vet stuff and winter coats and spring coats and stuff that's too small or all ripped or beyond cleaning.  It's all better now.  And I need to get some new mats.

I made this cake.


Ella was turning sweet sixteen and looking forward to getting her license and she LOVES flamingos.


I was a little worried about how it would all work out.  Sometimes you have an idea in your head but once it gets out on the cake it doesn't quite work but I was happy with this one.


I wasn't too sure about the flamingos.  I'm not too familiar with flamingos....and I've never decorated them on a cake before!  But as I started decorating I couldn't stop thinking about Ella's grandma, Lynn.  She was my 4-H leader back in the day...she was a great lady...and she passed a few years ago with cancer.


Ella's grandpa picked up the cake and when I mentioned about the flamingos he said that Lynn loved flamingos as well....that's where Ella got it from!  I couldn't believe it!  I think Lynn helped me out with this one!  They were all thrilled with the cake.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.