Sunday 3 February 2019

One Second for January and Hairdryers.

This was our January one second everyday....


The hairdryer situation is nuts.  I just bought one and I need another one.....actually I need a few because they are never in the house.

I mentioned the other day in this post that my hairdryer blew out in the water bowl and I was using a hairdryer that actually had dried cow shit on the cord.

Well the other morning I washed my hair and when I went to open the cupboard....yes....you guessed it....no hairdryer.

By the time he brought me in one my hair was dry.  And the one he brought me actually didn't have a shitty cord.....yasss!

And then the power went out unexpectedly and he talked about water bowls.  At first the report was that the power could be out for 3 hours....that wouldn't be good on the water bowls.  But then the power came back on in an hour so it wasn't so bad.

That evening I was heading out to walk the halls of the high school with a neighbour of mine.  My hair was ridiculously flat as it hadn't been dried with the hairdryer but I voloomed it and then it was good to go.  I told her my hairdryer problem and she completely understood.

Her mother had once bought her an expensive hairdryer as a gift because she has really curly hair and her husband blew it out in a water bowl.  He had no idea that it was worth $80.

He blows out all of her hairdryers too.  She goes to Value Village and buys all the hairdryers that they have.  He's got a hairdryer in his truck, one in every tractor, in the barn, in the house....

I need to go to Value Village.

So when we got to the school to walk the halls, one of my friends mentioned that she liked my hair.

She is married to another beef farmer.

I told her my morning....I had washed my hair and no hairdryer to be found.  The one I wanted was blown out in the water bowl and the replacement was not there.

She responded with.....'oh gawd yes.  and when that power went out all he could talk about was water bowls'.

She is right there with me.  She knows what I'm talking about.  We are living the same life!

And another friend who was walking with us.....not familiar with farming....asks What is a WATER BOWL??

We filled her in.  I think she thinks we're all nuts.

Johanna was home this weekend and 10 minutes before were going to leave for Mass this morning she opened that cupboard.....uuuggg.....no hairdryer!  Luckily she could braid her hair and was good to go....

and luckily I didn't wash my hair!

Brenda


2 comments:

  1. I don't have water bowls to thaw anymore, but I'm pretty sure my hair dryer is sitting out on the workbench in the shop. My guy is a small engine mechanic. He often has to thaw ice out of snowblowers, or get water out of carbs. I see a trip to VV in my future too - that's if you ladies haven't cleaned them out, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So it's not just farmers with hairdryer problems! That's funny! Revlon probably doesn't have a clue as to what all their hairdryers can do!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.