Thursday 17 January 2019

Catching up on the Farm Books

Lydia asked me yesterday what I did all day while she was away at school.  

I said "The Farm Books".

It's January.  It's the time of year when I spend days in front of the computer entering a million receipts into the AgExpert farm program.  I should do this at the end of every month and not once a year but it's just the way it's done here.  I don't even make a resolution to fix my problem at the beginning of the year because it won't work.  I'm so tired of entering all the receipts in by the end of January that I'm not going to start the account new and do more for the end of that month.  And then by the time I think of it, it's April or May and I just can't get myself to do it.  So it's just the way it's been for 20+ years.  Farm books suck.

But when I answered Lydia with 'farm books' she thought I meant I was writing a book.  One day during the Christmas break she came into the kitchen with the copy of the first year of this blog in her hand.  She had been reading it and she said that it was REALLY good.  I asked her if she realized that's it's a book about her....about us.  She said YES!  and it's really good.  and I should write more!  I told her that there are several more years but I never made them into books.

So she was sort of disappointed when I explained what 'farm books' meant.  

She said that I really should be writing a book.

So here I am...thanks to Lydia's encouragement.....I'm back on this blog.  

How do I catch up?  I left off at the end of June.

I was going to post the entire year of one second everyday but blogger wouldn't let me and says that it's too big.  So I will post each month......

JULY

It was so hot.  Lydia celebrated her champagne birthday and Jack popped the champagne for her.  Sophie also celebrated her birthday.  We went to the river to swim nearly everyday.  We brought in the hay.  The farmhouse was so busy with families coming to stay.



AUGUST

We attempted our FIRST family vacation ever!.....a week away at a cottage on Manitoulin Island. We all made it there but we weren't all there at the same time....does that make any sense?  The older kids had work that they couldn't miss so the boys came for a few days at the start of the week and then Johanna and Tanner came after the boys had left.  Our neighbours looked after the farm while we were away.


SEPTEMBER

Back to school and back to routine.  Not really.  It's fair season!  Sophie and Lydia were back at fiddle and step dancing lessons.  This is Lydia's first year on the fiddle.

 

OCTOBER

I can't remember.  Just look at the video.  There was pie.  We got a mini pool table.  Halloween happened.  oh yeah...Johanna and Tanner got ENGAGED.  We have a wedding to plan!


NOVEMBER

The deer hunt.  I offered several cake decorating classes at the farmhouse.  It snowed.


DECEMBER

Getting festive.  I ate too much and had to buy new pants in January.  Sorry....I can't remember anything.  duh....that's why I blog.
We had an amazing Christmas!  We watched the movie Nacho Libre over and over.  We call each other Nacho (insert name here).  We sign our messages with big kissy, little kissy....AND we've all had diarrhea since Easters!


Happy New Year!
Brenda












No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.