Tuesday 15 October 2013

Seven Pounds of Butter

I bought seven pounds of butter last week.

I thought that amount would be enough to get me through Thanksgiving weekend.

It wasn't.

At Sunday brunch we were out.

I had to go and buy some butter.

And Thanksgiving hadn't even happened yet.

On Thursday I made pies for the market.


And buttertarts.....with butter.

Then I had two cake orders on Saturday.

This one needed to be 'mint green' because that was the wedding colour 45 years ago.


This one was a pumpkin cake....with buttercream icing.


There is at least a pound and a half of butter here.


I hope I didn't kill anyone.

That's a lot of butter.

We were invited to a party on Saturday night and I made up another double batch of the pumpkin cake and I made it into cupcakes.


That was another pound and a half of butter.


But it was worth it.

Aw Thanksgiving.....you were butterlicious.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.