Thursday 24 January 2019

Mango Salsa


It's January.  I buy mangos in January.  Is it mango season?  I have no idea.  I think must be.  I don't live where mangos grow.  But I've always had good luck with getting good mangos in January.  I buy them and let them sit on the counter for a couple of days and then I make this.

Mango Salsa

1 mango peeled and chopped
some green or red peppers chopped
some sweet or green onion
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 Tbsp olive oil
splash of lime (if you have it)

Mix together and then add some heat....

Epicure poco picante
or
some taco or fajita spice
or chili spice

Make it as spicy as you want.  A crushed up garlic clove and jalapeno pepper is also nice in there.

I always double the recipe because there's never enough.

Eat it with tortilla chips.  Add it to a chicken wrap.

This is one of my most asked for recipes.  Everyone loves mango salsa!

Enjoy!

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.