Wednesday 23 January 2019

BUD LIGHT headphones

We are on snowday number 3....that's 3 in a row I mean.  They haven't been to school this week.  It's Wednesday. 

This time it snowed.  It's still snowing.  The extreme cold temperatures are gone.

The girls are making brownies in mugs.  They are going to watch some Full House season 1.  They got it on DVD yesterday at Value Village.

The kids got Terry a case of beer for Christmas.  Over the years, he would always say 'a case of beer' when they would ask what he wanted for Christmas or his birthday.  They could never buy it for him but now that they are old enough that's what he got.

A case of BUD LIGHT bottles.

He doesn't even drink much beer...he much prefers his rye and water.  But the kids and neighbours will probably drink it for him anyway.

There was a pair of headphones that came in with this case of beer.  They are big and bright blue and have a large BUD LIGHT label right across them. 

They lay around the living room and then one day Lydia noticed them and realized what they were and she was all over them....and no one else wanted them anyway.

She read the little instructions and it said that they can be hooked up to Bluetooth.  She really wanted to get them working.

I was no help.  I didn't know how to do it.

She kept pestering me about it.  And I kept telling her to just wait until Grady got home and he could help her.

She messed around and messed around trying to hook them up to my phone.

She had these giant headphones on and suddenly she said "IT'S WORKING!"

Sophie and I were surprised.  We basically just said....that's nice....GOOD. 

And Lydia belts out 'WAY DOWN RUBY ROAD'.

She is singing this song.  A song that the Dwyer's wrote about the Dwyer's on Ruby Road.

Sophie and I were stunned.  How could that song be on those headphones.  I hadn't heard that song in ages.....I hadn't thought about that song in ages.

We looked at her and asked...Are you serious??  Really?  That song?

And she's sing and saying YES and totally has us convinced.

And completely baffled.

And then she starts to laugh and says JUST KIDDING.  She takes off the headphones and says "I can't get these to work" and walks away.

Sophie and I are still stunned.  Sophie is just shaking her head.

Is she for real?

How did she even think of that song?

Anyways....when Grady did get home, he got it all fixed up for her.  She's all set with those headphones and music.

She loves to wear them when we go somewhere.  Yesterday I took them in to town as I needed some things and they had a snowday....only there was no snow. 

She was in the backseat the entire time with those ridiculous BUD LIGHT headphones on.  I told her that she couldn't wear them into the store and she was quick to remind me to lock the truck as we don't want those headphones stolen.

I could only wish.

Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.