Tuesday 16 July 2013

Ice Cream

We eat a lot of ice cream here.

We love it.

But sometimes you think that you are buying ice cream....and you aren't.  There are a lot of 'frozen desserts' in the ice cream section at the grocery store.  They can't fool me.  The first time I bought one I said, "What the heck is this?"....after I tasted it.  Then Lydia didn't even finish her bowl....and it sat there....for at least over half an hour....and it didn't melt.  And I said, "What the heck is this?"

Scary.

Our ice cream has to have cream.

I went to our local dairy.....Centreside Dairy or 'Tracey's' in Renfrew......and picked this up.


It's ice cream.  The first ingredient is 'fresh cream'.  AND it's made with 100% Canadian Milk....that's important.

It makes me scream for ice cream.


We decided on the flavour "Moosetracks".  It's got these chunks of peanut butter and chocolate in it.  Sophie said that she got 14 chunks in her cone.  I don't know if she was trying to make the rest of us jealous or if it was really true....but it's seriously loaded with chunks.

It's another hot day today....33 degrees Celsius....but the humidity will make it feel like 41 degrees.

We don't have air conditioning.....and that's fine with me.  I will soak up this heat....and ingrain it in my head for when the cold wind starts to blow again.

We will swim in the river....and eat lots of ice cream.

And bring in the hay.

Brenda

1 comment:

  1. That's where we get our ice cream too, and in those containers too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Let me know if you enjoyed this post and please share it with a friend.